From the San Francisco Chronicle Cookbook Recreated by Bill
12 chicken thighs drenched in seasoned flour
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
12 garlic cloves quartered
1 lemon, peeled, seeded and sliced
3 fennel bulbs sliced
Sugar to taste
Zest of one lemon, chopped
3 TBS chopped fennel tops
1. Brown chicken in olive oil and remove from pan.
2. Add wine, garlic and lemon slices & boil 5 minutes
3. Add fennel, cover and cook 10 minutes
4. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer 30 minutes
5. Taste sauce – if tart add sugar
6. Garnish with lemon zest and fennel tops.
This is enough for 8 people. Mouth watering- good to serve with a salad. (I never get a chance to photograph the plate before the demolition happens.)
Dessert: finish with mixed fruit and pound cake slices and for those who can indulge this – top with whipped cream.